POSTING DATE: 08/20/2021
GOGEBIC COUNTY FRIEND OF THE COURT OFFICE
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that there is a full-time caseworker position opening in the Gogebic County Friend of the Court’s Office. A caseworker handles all aspects of child custody and support matters, including investigations and case reports, enforcement of court orders, and child support calculations.
Preferred qualifications include a minimum of an associate degree in a human services field and two years’ experience in a human services setting. Starting wage is $18.63 per hour, per the Gogebic County Court Wage Table, with full county benefits. A 35 hour work week is required, and a complete background check and fingerprinting will be completed upon hiring.
Interested persons MUST submit a resume to Linda Dean, Friend of the Court Office, 200 N. Moore St., Bessemer, MI 49911 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 12:00 p.m. on Friday, September 3, 2021.
POSTING DATE: 08/05/2021
CLOSING DATE: 08/23/2021 by 4:00 P.M.
GOGEBIC/ONTONAGON COUNTY INDIGENT DEFENSE SYSTEM
* Valid License to practice law in Michigan.
* Knowledge of the Michigan Indigent Defense Commission act as well as criminal Law and procedures.
* Availability to personally appear as needed including at periodic committee and Board meetings.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
* Monitor relevant changes to the law and coordinate implementation of MIDC Standards.
* Authorize the use of experts and investigators. Review and approve invoices of attorneys, experts, and investigators.
* Authorize and appoint assigned counsel.
* Verify compliance with standards.
* Prepare compliance reporting, financial reporting, grant application and any amendments.
* Coordinate between county, court, law enforcement, prosecutor, and defense counsel.
* Analyze plan options and make recommendations regarding ongoing development of counties' system.
$100 per hour up to 40 hours per month (20 hours per county) as set forth in local plans approved by MIDC. Travel time is not billable.
Submit a letter of interest and resume to Juliane Giackino, Administrator, at 200 N. Moore Street, Bessemer, Michigan or by email in care of Administrator at email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.
*This is a grant funded contract subject to receipt of funding from the State. There are no benefits, and there will be no employment relationship with the county.