This is a rapidly evolving situation. For the latest information, visit Michigan.gov/coronavirus or CDC.gov/coronavirus. For more local information visit the Western UP Health Department website at wupdhd.org.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases - Interactive Map
This website news item will be updated as needed if there are any changes to local Gogebic County governmental operations.
Monday March 30, 2020
- No change in operational status for county government from last week.
Tuesday, March 24, 2020
- With the governors recently enacted Stay Home, Stay Safe order the courthouse is open with limited access. Staff are working remotely from home with a limited number manning the building. Continue to use our website and telephone contacts. Leave a message if necessary. Someone will get back to you.
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- 400 PM: The courthhouse and offices will remain open with limited access during the COVID-19 pandemic starting tomorrow. Please call ahead to the office you have business with if you need to appear in person. CLICK THIS LINK to view the updated resolutions.
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
- 830 AM: The county has declared a local state of emergency. The court system has also prepared a response for ongoing legal activities. CLICK THIS LINK for the news release and additional information.
- The courthouse remains open for normal business today. We ask that if you are ill or do not need to come in person to use our website links or call on the telephone to conduct your business as much as posssible.
- 330 PM: The courthouse will continue to remain open, until local circumstances dictate otherwise, with precautionary measures in place. PRESS RELEASE
Monday, March 16, 2020
- 830 AM: The county courthouse and offices will remain open for normal business until otherwise noted. We ask if you are ill to please stay home and to continue observing basic best hygiene practices when out in public.
- 1040 AM: The county courthouse is currently experiencing an intermittent telephone outage. Incoming calls are getting an all circuits are busy error. We are working with our telephone provider to repair. If you cannot get through please try again in a few minutes. In testing it may be a Verizon issue as other phone services can get through.
- 1130 AM: Phone service is restored.
- 1200 PM: The Sheriff's Office has suspended all inmate visitation at the jail until further notice.
Friday, March 13, 2020
- As of the start of the business day all courthouse offices are operating as usual.
- All fingerprinting for the general public for non-court related business is suspended.
- Group programming for inmates is being reduced as well as all non-essential business.
- Court ordered professional visits are being permitted.
- Any business that can wait or be conducted via telephone is appreciated.
Thursday, March 12, 2020
- County offices are operating as normal.
- The District Court Jury Trial scheduled for March 19, 2020 has been cancelled. Jurors do not need to report.