Gogebic County Friend of the Court

Friend of Court Office 
Phone Number: (906)-667-0218
Fax Number: (906)-667-1145

Hours of service: CST

Staff names and titles:
Linda Dean
Friend of the Court

Patti Ceccon
Case Worker

Stacie Rooni
Case Worker

Samantha Olson
Case Worker

Court ADA
Compliance Order
Linda Dean
ADA Contact 

The Friend of the Court Office was created in 1919 by Michigan law. There is an office serving each circuit court in the state.  The Gogebic County Friend of the Court Office operates under the supervision and direction of Chief Judge Michael K. Pope.

The Friend of the Court has the following duties:
Conduct investigations and make a recommendation to the court regarding custody, parenting time, and child support. Offer mediation as an optional way of settling disagreements over custody or parenting time with children.  Provide enforcement services on custody, parenting time, and support orders entered by the court. 

Important Links:

You can link to the Michigan Legal Help site to find forms for filing motions regarding custody, child support, parenting time, and divorce.  You can also find answers to commonly asked questions regarding child custody issues and other related matters on the Legal Help website also.

Michigan Legal Help

Friend of the Court employees cannot give legal advice and will advise you to hire an attorney if you are able to afford one.

The below link will allow you to establish online access to your child support case where you will be able to see your case information, payment summary, income withholding status, and more.  Sign up today!

Online Child Support Case Access                                                                    

MCS_logo                               ACCESS OUR PARENTING TIME POLICY                                              

Make a payment (for employers and individuals) :

Michigan Child Support Disbusement Unit
pay near me                   CHANGE BANKING INFORMATION

Frequently Asked Questions:

Will I get a court appointed attorney for my divorce?

How do I update my address and/or contact information?

When will I receive my child support payment?

Will I receive the payer's tax refund?

Do I have to allow the other parent to see my child(ren) if he or she is not paying child support?

Can a child refuse to visit the other parent or decide where he or she wants to live?

What if I feel my child is unsafe with the other parent? What will happen if I don't send my child with the other parent?

Does a holiday take priority over regularly scheduled parenting time?

The other party will not return my child.  Who can help me?

How do I change my child support amount?